3 Million Copies Sold – Kingdom Come: Deliverance for free on Steam
In celebration of selling over 3 million copies of its critically acclaimed medieval role-playing game Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Warhorse Studios is introducing a new corporate logo.
The design represents the strong and dynamic qualities of the team, while remaining true to the origins of the company; the same counts for the combined glyphs HO in the word WARHORSE, inspired by medieval inscriptions.
Two years after the release, the award winning RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance has sold over 3,000,000 copies and in excess of 1,500,000 DLC’s across all platforms (PC/PlayStation®4/Xbox One). Warhorse Studios is celebrating this important milestone with an exclusive Steam Free Weekend from 18 – 22 June to widen its audience even further.
Warhorse Studios in numbers:
- 2011 Warhorse Studios is founded by two developers
- 2012/13 Warhorse establishes itself as a developer and starts to work on first KCD prototypes with 15 colleagues.
- 2014 Kingdom Come: Deliverance celebrates a successful Kickstarter campaign with 35,384 Backers and £1,106,371 raised.
- 2015/2016 Over 80,000 people played the first Alpha/Beta version of KCD giving valuable feedback.
- 2017 Warhorse Studios and Koch Media / Deep Silver agree on a worldwide distribution deal
- 2018 Kingdom Come: Deliverance made by 110 developers releases on 13 February and sells over 1 million copies within the first month.
- 2018/2019 Warhorse Studios wins over 40 international game awards and releases 4DLC’s and several free extensions.
- 2019 One year after its release, Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells over 2million copies. Koch Media/Deep Silver acquires Warhorse Studios.
- 2020 KCD sells over 3 million copies and 140 developers gather their forces for what lies ahead…
Starting to work on a new unannounced project, Warhorse Studios is now intensifying its recruitment to grow into a team of up to 180 people within the next year.