CONTEST BEGINS AT 10:00:00 AM (PT – Los Angeles Time) ON February 21, 2017 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT – Los Angeles Time) ON MARCH 20, 2017 (THE “PROMOTION PERIOD”).
HOW TO ENTER:
- Steam account to http://store.steampowered.com/ (the “Contest Site”) is required to enter the “Saints Row 4 Contest (the “Contest”). Membership to http://store.steampowered.com/ is free. Only entries from valid Steam accounts will be accepted. Entrants must comply with all Steam rules and regulations.
- Contest Mods must be submitted via Steam Workshop and additional an email with a link to the contest Mod must be send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: Steam Workshop Contest Entry.
- Only mods that are released to Steam Workshop after the start of the contest are eligible.
- Contest Mods must be the Entrant’s original work made for the Contest
- Entrant must be at least 18 years old as of FEBRUARY 21, 2017 to be eligible to enter the Contest. Entrant may reside in any country of the world.
- Modders working already with Deep Silver Volition either on a contractual basis, or under NDA developing modding tools or tutorials, as well as employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Deep Silver Volition and their respective affiliates are not eligible,
The Contest Mod must be in keeping with the image of Saints Row 4 and may not be libelous or defamatory, pornographic, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Deep Silver Volition in its sole discretion; must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Deep Silver Volition in its sole discretion; may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights, or involve physical harm to any person or animal; may not contain verbal or visual mentions of commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than as contained in the assets provided to Entrants at the Contest Site; may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Contest Site and/or the proper conduct of the Contest; may not use any watermarks but may contain a signature by the artist provided that the signature is capable of removal at the request of Deep Silver Volition if the entry is adapted for use as a winning entry in accordance with these Rules; and, if found to be in violation of these Rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest.
- ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM ON MARCH 20, 2017. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted.
- Entrants may enter as many Mods as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed.
- All Mods submitted will remain the exclusive property of the Entrant, provided that:
- Entrant will not acquire any ownership or other interest in any and all trademarks, logos and other intellectual property found in the Game or otherwise owned by Deep Silver Volition including the characters found in the Game (collectively the “Marks”) as contained in the Mods;
- except as expressly required in these Official Rules, entrant may not use the Marks in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Mods or otherwise without Deep Silver volition’s express prior written approval;
- during the Promotion Period, and for a period of one year thereafter, eligible Mods submitted to the Contest may be posted at the Contest Site or otherwise displayed in selections made by Deep Silver Volition and in any form and media on or off the Steam Site, but only in connection with promotion of the Contest and/or with reference to the Contest;
- during the ten (10) year period immediately following the Promotion Period (the “Display Period”), Deep Silver Volition may (but will not be obligated to) display the first and second place prize winning Mods in social media and generally through the Internet in any form in connection with the promotion of their respective businesses;
- the First Place winner’s entry may be adapted for use in advertising for the Game; the winners waives any fee or royalty for the use of the Mods for this purpose and consents to the use of the Entrant’s Steam Name as a credit shown on the advertisement at the discretion of the advertiser.
- Deep Silver Volition may otherwise use the submitted Mods in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as the relevant Entrant may approve in writing (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned); and
- to the extent the Mod incorporates the Marks: Entrant may not authorize or permit any Mods to be used to promote any product or service of any party other than Entrant and/or Deep Silver Volition; may not sell the Mod in multiple copies or receive any payment for the use of the Mod by others except as a singular work.
- Entrant is free to remove the Marks from the Mods and with such removal use the Mods in any fashion whatsoever.
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
Potential winners will be selected on or about March 25, 2017, from all eligible and qualified entries.
Several Contest Mods will be selected by a panel of full-time Deep Silver Volition staff on the basis of:
- success in creating an Mod consistent with the theme of the Game;
- overall Impact of the Mod;
- technical skill; and
- appropriateness for use in advertising of the Game.
The selected Contest Mods will be posted in advance of final judging. Only one entry per Entrant may be chosen as a semi-finalist entry. The prize winning Mods, using the same criteria and methodology, will be selected by Deep Silver Volitions Community Developer Michael Watson and several celebrity modders. The judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. The judges may apply each of the criteria listed above in whatever degree of emphasis he or she chooses but each panel of judges must reach consensus on the finalists, in the case of selecting the semi-finalists as applicable to that panel. In the event of a tie in any portion of the judging process, the judges themselves will resolve the tie to the appropriate number of semi-finalists or ranked winners as applicable. In the event any one of the judges for the prize winners becomes unavailable, a substitute Judge of similar stature and relationship to the Game will be used.
There will be one 1st and one 2nd Place each in 3 different categories consisting of the following:
°Best new modded weapon
°Best new customization item mod (clothing)
°Best gameplay/misc mod (everything else)
1st Place Prize Package: Intel i7 6700k CPU (value $350), Corsair K70 RGB Lux Keyboard (value $150), Corsair Void USB Carbon Headset (value $60)
2nd Place Prize Package: Bundle of Steam keys (value $ 140)
All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of entries). Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Actual retail value of prizes may vary due to market conditions at the time prizes are awarded. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Deep Silver Volition will not replace any lost, mutilated or damaged prizes.
VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES:
Potential winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit or releases are not returned within 14 days after mailing to potential winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. Potential winners agree to Deep Silvers Volition use of his/her name, address, Steam name, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Illinoi, USA. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of Illinoi. Deep Silver Volition and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Deep Silver Volition and judges not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Deep Silver Volition disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing, posting, uploading or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Deep Silver Volition’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the Contest Site and the winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Deep Silver Volition reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Deep Silver Volition or any of their affiliates if the entrant’s fraud or misconduct adversely affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Deep Silver Volition and its parental company Koch Media GmbH and their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Deep Silver Volition adheres to all applicable U.S., European, and other export laws, including but not limited to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Therefore, Deep Silver Volition cannot export to a national of a country in Country Groups D:1, E:1 or E:2 any restricted technology or software or export to Country Groups D:1, E:1 or E:2 the direct product of such technology or software, if such foreign produced direct product is subject to national security controls as identified on the Commerce Control List.
© 2013 to 2017 and published by Deep Silver. Deep Silver is a division of Koch Media GmbH, Austria.
Developed by Deep Silver Volition, LLC. Saints Row, Deep Silver and their respective logos are trademarks of Koch Media. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
By submitting any Contest Mods to Deep Silver Volition and Steam Workshop, you agree that you have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, the above Official Rules.